- $2,000 was approved to build a new Teen Area on the 2nd Floor
- The Spring Jonquil Festival Book Sale raised $1900
- FOSL’s Summer Reading Program sponsorship includes two new programs – one for teens and one for adults
- Meet the Artist event scheduled with Judy Garrard and Brenda Romero on July 19
- Ice Cream Social Approved for August 10
- Fall Community Read Program named “Smyrna Reads” is planned for September with events throughout the month; the featured novel is “Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him” by Luis Carlos Montalván
- “Dinner with Destiny: Meet Mr. Lincoln” fundraiser and community event scheduled for November 1
- First Sunday Lecture for February 2015 (Black History Month) will feature a Tuskegee Airman
- First Sunday Lecture for March 2015 will honor Women’s History Month
- A grant was received to host “Dust, Drought, Dreams Gone Dry”, a traveling exhibit on the Dust Bowl. It will be for 6 weeks March – April 2015. GPB will help with publicity.
Friday, June 20, 2014
FOSL Board of Directors Quarterly Update
FOSL, founded in 1990, is an independent, non-profit, volunteer organization that supports the award-winning Smyrna Public Library through fundraising events and volunteer activities. The Board of Directors, all of whom are unpaid volunteers, meets once a month. Below is a brief summary of key decisions made in APR-JUN 2014 that will be of interest to the local community.