Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Painted Lighthouses Exhibit by Brenda Romero Opens in Display Gallery

Painting lighthouses is my passion. I am inspired by the rich and fascinating history of lighthouses, some of which go back to the 1700's, and the Keeper's who kept watch over ships as they navigated through trecherous waters.

I have photographed and climbed many of the lighthouses on exhibit. There are about 45 lighthouses on the endangered list. My effort to photograph as many of these lighthouses as possible has taken me to many remote locations and isolated islands.

Rather than the traditional canvas, I love to paint my scenes on a natural canvas from the sea (large five to six inch sand dollars). I use acrylic paints with a medium gloss finish. Each sand dollar is meticulously hand-painted, and represents lighthouses from every coastal state around the U.S. and the Great Lakes.

Special requests are available by commission.  On display until September 1, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment