Monday, September 1, 2014

Skyscapes vs. Landscapes Exhibit by Sophie Guoer Opens in Art Gallery

Skyscapes vs. Landscapes is a painting exhibition by Sophie Guoer. "The clouds, they seem so far away yet are closer than we know. I previously depicted clouds in a pond mirroring the sky's image. When I worked on this series of paintings, the striking images baffled me. I wished I could understand such images. My perception has since altered how I view the sky mirrors how we live on Our Earth".

Sophie attended the University of Iowa and the University of Northern Iowa for her graduate studies. She majored in Studio Art in Painting and has her studio in Duluth, Georgia.

She recently has had shows at the Fayetteville Public Library, the Lawrenceville Public Library, the Collins Hill Public Library and will shortly be exhibiting at the Cherry Hill Public Library in New Jersey.

On display until November 1, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment