FOSL, founded in 1990, is an independent, non-profit, volunteer organization that supports the award-winning Smyrna Public Library through fundraising events and volunteer activities. The Board of Directors, all of whom are unpaid volunteers, meets once a month. Below is a brief summary of key decisions made in JAN-MAR 2014 that will be of interest to the local community.
- $4,000 was approved to support the Summer Reading Program
- $5,000 was approved to expand the Digital Book (eBook) Collection
- 250 FOSL Logo Book Bags were purchased for fundraising
- 100 FOSL Logo Flash Drives were purchased for fundraising
- Calendars for 2015 were approved for fundraising
- $500 grant obtained from Constellation to refurbish FOSL area in lobby
- Signature Lincoln-themed community event approved for Q4; details being finalized