Thursday, March 1, 2012

March-April Display Gallery Exhibit Announced by Smyrna Public Library

Imagine That! by Kevin Rucker on display through April.

ARTIST STATEMENT

"Ever since I can remember, I have always loved to draw. In one of my earliest memories as a child, I drew a 'friend' on the garage wall with green chalk. At a very early age, my mother encouraged me to create. In the summers of my youth, she would provide me with reams of notebook paper to draw on. My life has been devoted to art."

Kevin Rucker’s remarkable, imaginative illustrations have gained this award-winning Atlanta artist an enthusiastic following. By combining detailed 2-D and 3-D images with abstract concepts, Kevin creates illustrations that appeal to traditionalists and modernists alike. As Kevin says, "Art evokes emotion. When I am creating, I am at my best."

Originally from New York, Kevin began his formal art education with a degree in Commercial Design and then went on to earn his Bachelor of Science degree (with a minor in Visual Arts) from the State University of New York at New Paltz. After moving to Atlanta in 1997, Kevin earned a degree in Computer Animation from the Art Institute of Atlanta, achieving many honors as a student. He was then invited to join the faculty as a 2-D and 3-D animation instructor.

Kevin went on to a distinguished career as a Graphic Artist, Illustrator, and Creative Director. The quality and creativity of his work has attracted numerous public and private commissions, with past clients including Coca-Cola, The Home Depot, and Visa.

As an artist, Kevin has won numerous excellence awards and produced illustrations that have had global influence. Working as a commercial designer for over 20 years has now afforded him the opportunity to pursue his creative passions full-time. Kevin reflects:

"...I have considered myself extremely lucky to have had such talented and patient art teachers and invaluable opportunities to make a living doing what I love. I feel very privileged that God has given me such a gift. Of course, I give Him all the credit."

In addition to his expertise in illustration and graphic arts, Kevin Rucker is an avid woodworker and accomplished 3-D mural artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment