Thursday, January 4, 2024

Pottery Teapots by Tripti Yoganathan Opens In Display Gallery


The January/February 2024 Display Gallery exhibit has opened – Pottery Teapots by Tripti Yoganathan.  Yoganathan’s exhibit is on display through February 29. The Display Gallery is located on the 2nd floor of the Smyrna Public Library.

Display Gallery exhibits are organized by the Friends of Smyrna Library.

Artist Statement:

I AM INSPIRED BY NATURE

Pots, from the beginning of human civilization represented the utility, beauty and the aesthetics of the time when they were created and used.

About 20 years back, when I joined this community of makers of everyday vessels, I wasn’t aware of the joy of making something that is unique representation of my own self.

Studio pottery was a novel experience for me, Although, I came from a country where we have a whole community making earthenware as profession. I remember when I made my very first decent bowl (which I still have). I painted it with Indian Folk designs from north India as it made me feel close to home. And then the curiosity from fellow potters about the designs helped me further my connection to my roots through the representation of the different Indian folk arts.

After living in Georgia for over 20 Years, now, I am inspired by Nature.

Atlanta is most beautiful in spring and fall. The influx of the colors of the irises from my backyard and the dogwood trees from the front inspired my designs for my latest pieces.

I am always exploring and learning and I don’t know what will be on my pots in the future.

So, whenever you visit ‘Ananya’ be ready to be pleasantly surprised!!

https://www.triptiyoganathan.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment