Wednesday, September 4, 2024

It's the Journey! Fine Art Pastels by Marsha Hamby Savage Exhibit Opens In Art Gallery

The September/October 2024 Art Gallery exhibit has opened – It's the Journey! Fine Art Pastels by Marsha Hamby Savage.  Ms. Savage’s exhibit is on display through October 31. The Art Gallery is located on the 2nd floor of the Smyrna Public Library.

Art Gallery exhibits are organized by the Friends of Smyrna Library.

Artist Statement:

I have created art for over 50 years being inspired by and painting mostly landscapes! My love of nature comes naturally because of the era I grew up in. Mom always said don't come back inside until I call you for dinner! That meant go several houses down and play in a creek, or create forts, climb trees, etc. So I paint trees, and rocks and water, just to name a few things that always inspire me!

Play and experimenting with still life, flowers, figures, animals, and some abstract work is key too. An artist is on a journey that never ends, a journey to learn more. That means I have loads of studies and half-finished artwork to return to for trying new ideas.

I participate in several regional plein air events each year. Artists depend on friendships of our fellow travelers in this artistic journey for understanding and discussions about being an artist. That is as much why I attend these events as for the painting part of it.

I have been represented by many galleries, and feel lucky to currently have three great galleries in Georgia. Invitational shows, art competitions, personal solo and group shows have always been part of my journey. I am honored to have won awards in some, gaining Signature Status and a few Master Status designations. I say those things for you to know I work hard to keep learning by putting my pieces out there for input. With these experiences I have knowledge to share when giving talks, demos for art organizations, and teaching private students and workshops.

I also say those things for the potential collector of my work. You may connect with a piece of art because of your own life experiences. But, I have found that most collectors are interested in the artist and their life. You can learn a bit about me by reading the descriptions I have for each painting here on my website. And, of course, there is the "About" page.

As we all know, things were in upheaval for the last two to three years. I had hopes 2022 would be a better year for workshops and classes. I did get to teach two workshops for two different art organizations in my general North Georgia area. That was good.

https://www.marshasavage.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment